Wednesday, November 11, 2015

That Raiding Rodent!

Sunrise Surprise - Who's Stealing My Walnuts?!?
My stash of black walnuts was being pilfered by a busy little red squirrel! When I let the dog out first thing in the morning, I saw the remains of a walnut - the nut was gone, but the hull was in a neat little pile.  Huh? We didn't spot the culprit until later after the morning chores were done. He/she was a busy little rascal as evidenced by the picture below ...
The Walnut Raid Continued!
The walnuts were being carried from the bucket on the porch over to the stone wall, leaving a trail of evidence along the way. Easy enough to fix ... I just put a pot over the bucket and ended the fun. The rest of the walnuts are now soaking and the first batch of yarn has come out of the dye pot.
Fresh Out Of The Dye Pot
The yarn is really a nice deep color. The second batch of yarn is soaking in rinse water now & it's time to put in another batch ... perhaps a lighter shade from the exhaust dye bath?  Love the way this looks.  See the little piece of walnut hull next to the yarn?
Wild Rose Farm - Black Walnut Naturally Dyed Yarn


1 comment:

Jacki W said...

I love the color! So beautiful!