Saturday, November 29, 2008

More Results .....

Here's a quick post to show some yarn in process. I was baking pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving and was struck by how the yarn that is being rinsed had the same shades. They'll look a little different once they dry, but here is the "one-of-a-kind" Wild Rose Farm "Pumkin Pie" colorway! This is the result of a strong bath of Somerset Sweet yellow onion skins that had been soaking for 2 months. There was no pre-mordant, but the 6 darker skeins had a 5 minute 2% tin post-mordant. The lighter skein soaked in the exhaust dyebath for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Feisty said...

VERY nice color on those skeins. I thought about dyeing with onion skins earlier this month, just as I was throwing out the remnants of the last home-grown red onion. :-(

RMK said...

Thanks! I never seem to get light colors because I start to soak the "dyestuff du jour" and then I get into something else .... result is that it soaks for days and I have a strong dyebath. A good thing, really.