Friday, April 22, 2016

Other Activities Around The Barn

Glenda & Diamond Playing
It's funny what you see when you spend time around animals in their environment. This was the scene above the barn near me while I was skirting fleeces yesterday. Glenda had been hanging around outside watching me because skirting fleeces is just so interesting.  Since it was close to afternoon feeding time, Diamond appeared and went out through the wire panels to see Glenda.  I've seen them from a distance before, but this time I was close enough to get some pictures ...
"Take That!" Says Diamond
We've seen Diamond sitting on a fence rail next to Glenda & walking up to her in the pasture, but never this part of the relationship. The cat pictures make a kind of transition to another event. I came in for the evening to find an email relaying the news of the passing of my cousin, the "original" Dr. Phil. Dr Philip Edward Kaldon and his wife debbie, aka Mrs. Dr. Phil, were well known cat people.  Dr. Phil wrote Sci-fi and had more acclaimed works, but here is a link to a fun(?) little story, Brooding in the Dark
It's one of my favorites. If you've ever pondered the "internet of things" and AI (not the agricultural kind of AI!), you might enjoy the personality of 193.

2 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

How sweet! Great catches :-D.

RMK said...

Thanks ... I've only had the cell phone on me for some unexpected pictures lately.